Monday, January 15, 2007

How many "clothes" do strippers need?

As an aspiring patternmaker, I recently posted a Craig's List request seeking patternmakers in the Albuquerque area who would act as a mentor in exchange for help.

I received one reply, so far, from a lady designing a line of stripper wear. It sounds like a great opportunity, except for the fact that I really don't want to design clothes for hos.

I told my friend David that I don't even know how to envision ho clothes and that they'd end up fully covered in turtlenecks and long pants. He said that was OK, to start from there and then start adding Velcro so they could rip the sleeves and legs off, and so forth till they are nekkid.

Well, as long as I don't have to model it.

Actually, I think I'll just pass altogether. I don't really see the point of clothes if you are still naked when you are wearing them.

1 comment:

Babycakes said...

So, you have a bit of a problem with overcommitment? Hmmm, I hear this problem stem from the parents. Particularly the mother. Once again, we blame the mother. Does your mother have an over active mind and have to do, do, do, achieve, achieve, achieve? Well, there you go. You have inherited a nasty problem. If your mother has a high degree of education and a successful career and wants to throw it all away to make cupcakes, then you are in bigger trouble than you think. Don't even think that this fashion design thing is your last career. This is only going to get worse. Relax, take a breath and be glad there are drugs for this kind of thing.
You are in my prayers.
Babycakes