Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Gisket, A Gasket

I arrived at Saturn today at 10:30 a.m. I left at 3 p.m. My "check engine soon" light was on -- that's the emission one. Well, much to my delight, I was informed after two short hours of waiting that I need $1075 worth of work done, plus tax.
This includes:
New fuel cap (mine was leaking fumes)
New radiator
Reservoir cap
thermostat and gasket
coolant temp sensor
coolant, which for some reason costs $22
??? cover gasket (can't read)
new front brakes
rear brake cleaning/adjusting

I had the brakes done and got the gas cap, but apparently my engine is leaking oil everywhere, my coolant is also leaking everywhere and there are cracks all over the place. I will have to get the other stuff done soon. My car is only 6 years old, so I'm very disappointed. My mechanic, Kris, was very nice and showed me all the problems. He also made sure he got me out of there in time to get to work. I think he might have had to skip his lunch break to do that.

On the plus side, I had plenty of time to finish my first scarf, so that will make for a happier post tomorrow!

No comments: