Thursday, July 12, 2007

The good, the bad and the ugly of Thursday

Here is a long post about my day:

Started off nice. I was supposed to have lunch with a friend, but she couldn't make it. So I went to the bank and then worked "in my studio" (I'm going to start saying that!) until it was time to go to the chiropractor. Since my copays just doubled starting this month, I just went for the $16 25-minute therapeutic massage. Basically, I have mega neck troubles and she worked on that for me. Day's still good!

I then go to the fabric store, which is always pleasurable. I met my mom, her boyfriend and my Grandma for dinner. We went to Bravo at ABQ Uptown, which is a really nice, newish open-air shopping center. We ate on the patio and it was really nice.
Still good!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My mom gave me a huge load of clothes she was getting rid of. My mom and I are more or less the same size and she has good taste. She also buys nice clothes. To me, Banana Republic is something to get really excited over since I mostly shop at Target. I really needed some clothes, but couldn't afford to go shopping. I was so excited as I looked through them but was a little sad because I doubted I'd fit in them. They were one size bigger than I have ever worn. On the other hand, I'm a bit on the flabby side right now and all my clothes are tight.

Highlights include this suede skirt!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and this cute orange dress:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and then there were lots of pants and stuff. There's this really cute orange top and pants that are the exact same shade, but I feel kind of like a sherbet in them if I wear them together.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I tried them on and they fit! So is this good or bad? I have a whole new wardrobe of nice brands, but I also am fat. This deserves an emoticon :>(
My emoticon has a big nose, like me.

My day is still great.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Sad that I have grown in size, I decide to take a walk. It's getting late, and Mark is too exhausted to go. My neighborhood is one of those kind that has a few main streets and all the neighborhoods are sort of circular and meet on the main streets. One day I discovered there are little walking paths between the houses that lead from one neighborhood to the next. This time, I just started walking and walking and walking. But soon it was dark and I realized I had no idea where I was. I started going back and found that I was lost. At one point, I found the main road and thought I knew where I was, though I was a ways from home.

Then, Mark calls. He says to get home right away, something bad has happened. He said the house was flooding. I start to rush home, but get even more lost. And it keeps getting darker. I start to run, even though I'm really quite tired. I also start to panic. I'm lost, it's dark and there's an emergency at home. Eventually I come out on the main road again, but it's a different main road, and I'm close to home, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I got to this area. I was sure I was walking the other direction. Anyway, I get home and ...

... Mark had thrown some clothes in the washer. Then he got in the shower. There was no hot water. He then got out and walked back to the laundry room. The washer had not understood when to stop filling.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was overflowing -- straight down into the air conditioning vent. You see, our laundry room is upstairs. This is the evil vent:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So Mark stops the washer and goes downstairs. It was raining in our garage. It was raining out of the lights and out of the ceiling outlets. It was raining out of the middle of the ceiling.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Our garage is always messy, but we had to put buckets everywhere to catch the water.

THEN, I hear my cat getting into a fight outside. Rewind to this post. A few weeks ago, Roady had an abscess that had to be drained. It was a nasty experience. She came home and bloodied our house. She got better, but now I hear her out there carrying on. The thing about cats is that it doesn't take much of a bite or scratch to create an ugly infection. I've known people who were hospitalized for cat bites! So I really don't need another vet bill right now, but she's not in my yard. I can hear her, but not see her.

A little later, she comes in. She looked alright, but then she starts barfing everywhere. Lucky for you, I didn't photograph that.

I think we either need a new washer or a repairman. Can't wash clothes, though. We called my dad --er -- T-Shirt Face, who knows everything. No, he really does. He gave us some advice.

Now I'm going to watch TV. I hope that's the end of my adventures today.

No comments: