Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I heart cuscuses, not to be confused with couscous, the heart-healthy whole grain

When I was little, I received a card in the mail with a cuscus on it. On the back of the card, it taught me about the animals. It was one of those things where they wanted me to subscribe and they'd send me a different animal card every so often.

I loved that cuscus and I saved it forever. T-shirt Face would tease me about it. I still have it, actually.

Would you like to meet the cuscus? It's a furry little marsupial that is in the possum family and lives in Australia. You know how they get all the freaky animals Down Under. Here are a few pics:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh! So cute and velvety! And that prehensile tail! One Web site says that cuscuses don't have enemies. Cool! Maybe they taste bad?

Then I found cuscus-related products! Like this cuscus skull!

Or this cuscus artwork!

There's also this cuscus boutique, but it doesn't appear to be related to a cuscus beyond the logo.

I hope you have grown to love cuscuses as much as I do and will encourage more cuscus product production, because this is all I could find for cuscuses on all the Internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I like cuscus? Yes I do...boiled, broiled, or in a stew.

Robyn said...

Again, T-Shirt face, you are confusing it with couscous. As I said before, cuscus tastes nasty.

Anonymous said...

"Taste is in the mouth of the eater", to paraphrase Ben Franklin (hey - he could have said it...no one knows for certain that he didn't). I don't like cabbage rolls, but you probably do. Cuscus is a succulent and savory marsupial, if you ask me.