Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Workin' out, gettin' skinny - I hope

My history: I used to be really skinny and could eat whatever I want. Not so much anymore, though I've still got a pretty good metabolism, all things considered. I also used to be a workout freak several years back. Then I had to plan a wedding and got hobbies and started a business, and working out just got pushed to the back burner. Then my butt/thighs got flabbier and my clothes got tighter.

I've been paying for a membership at a local gym for years, but I go through long periods without using it, so it hurts to see that money go down the drain.

Then I read about the Taylor Ranch Community Center in Albuquerque. It has all kinds of free facilities, including a workout room with pretty nice equipment. It's smallish, but there aren't a lot of people there. And did I mention it's FREE?! Well, you're paying for it with your taxes, anyway, so take advantage! It's new and nice and full of cute old people.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So what are you waiting for, fat ass? I'll see you there.

No comments: