Thursday, October 25, 2007

Knock this one off the to-do list, too

A while ago, I published a big list of things I needed to sew. One was this top. I had designed and made this beautiful brocade skirt a year ago, but nothing matched it. I bought this fabric for the top this summer, but just got around to making it. It looks pretty good, here, but I definitely botched a lot of things on it. For instance, the zipper down the back has little puckers, but I have so much trouble with zippers, it looked pretty good overall. I thought that I better not take my chances with ripping the stitches and then doing a worse job next try. I just tried to steam out the puckers the best I could. I also have some bunchy areas in the armhole, underneath on one. This fabric was a pain in the ass to work with, so I'm just glad it's wearable and I can now wear this skirt!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: