Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nurse Robyn

Monday, Mark had his 5th knee surgery on the same knee, third since I've known him. We've got it down to a science, really. He's doing well.

I took a few days off to care for him. I also had to take my cats for their checkups and shots Tuesday. They are about 15 years old, and I found out little Roady really is little. She's lost a lot of weight since last year, meaning two pounds. She's only seven pounds now. The vet is worried and now she needs a full blood workup to see if we can figure out why. Tomorrow we go to get the blood drawn. Now after the $140 I spent on shots and checkups Tuesday, I have to fork out another $200 for bloodwork. But Roady is like a child to me. I think I love her more than I would a human child, actually.

Here's a picture of her:
Roady

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a cat named Roady also, and he looks just like your Roady! What are the odds?

Robyn said...

That's funny! My husband wanted to know if you found him in the street like I found mine.

Anonymous said...

Well said.