Sunday, July 27, 2008

One small corner of my house is done

After several days, I have finally finished painting this one spare bedroom. The walls look like chocolate ice cream, and every time I'm in there I want to lick them. The baseboards and doors look like vanilla ice cream, and I would want to lick them, too, if not for all the chocolate.


OK, here are the before pics:

paintingpainting

And the after pics:

home repairhome repair

At the last minute, I decided to paint the ugly assemble-yourself bookshelves that were an ugly fake-wood brown. It was too close to the wall color and I thought this would stand out a bit. It was a huge pain, and I did a really bad job of it. You can't tell in the picture, but the fronts of the shelves have horrible spots where I peeled them from the plastic and there were globs of paint they had been sitting in.

home repair
Notice its sidekick, the green lamp, is gone. Gone, gone, gone.
home repair

No comments: