Friday, December 19, 2008

Back is blocked

I finally finished the back of my "Soldier Sweater" from "Runway Knits." I thought it would never end. It's not that big, but it's just lots of dull ribbing. I had to stretch it a lot when I blocked it, and the before and after is shown below. I know you can't read the rulers in the photos.

Soldier's Sweater
Soldier's Sweater

Eventual finished product:
knitting projects, sweater,Runway Knits

I'm on my way to the grocery store. I am still trying to focus on preparing food at home, though this week has been hectic and I have grabbed food on the go a few times when I was unprepared. I also oinked out on burger, fries, onion rings and a malt today, so I'm feeling awfully good about myself!

I'm all ready for Christmas. We kept gift-giving small and since my MIL and SIL will be out of town, we are just going to stay home -- for the first time! -- and prepare a turkey dinner, since we missed Thanksgiving.

Well, cat is vomiting as I speak, so I'm off to tend to that.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Oooooh, cat vomit and miles of endless ribbing in one post! That's a wine night, if I ever heard one! Sweater looks good so far. We are planning a nice quiet un-hectic Holiday as well. We used to run all over creation to visit all the family in a 24 hour period. I put my foot down when we had kids...you want to see us? Here's where we'll be! Have a great christmas and New Year's!