Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cooking

I've written lately how I'm taking on a whole new outlook on food. I'm eating healthier and cooking more. I'm preparing things from scratch because I think I can save money and also to know what I'm putting into my food. That means fewer preservatives and less-processed food.

One site I've found to be immensely helpful is allrecipes.com. My favorite thing about it is that you can adjust the serving size and the site computes all the amounts for you. Since I usually just cook for myself due to eating and schedule differences with my husband, this comes in really handy. That way, I don't have to eat the same thing for 4 days straight.

This feature especially came in handy for a Greek dressing recipe from a restaurant that made gallons of the stuff!

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

It is a great site--I've used that one before too.