Thursday, March 12, 2009

New quilting project, even though I haven't finished the last one

You know that baby quilt I'm making? The pattern for which I bought from Oh, Fransson?

Well, she has started a quiltalong on her blog. I'm joining in. I'm making a quilt for my mother-in-law's birthday, which is next week. I just got my fabric last night, which means it will surely not be done in time. But I'll try.

Here is a general rendering of the quilt style. This is just a computer image in plain colors.

quilting

Here is my color scheme. I needed 12 fat quarters, and I am not really very good at choosing fabrics for quilts yet. So I went with a pre-packaged group of fabrics that are meant to go together.

quilting

I quickly snapped a bad (what a surprise) photo of how I'm pairing them, partly to help me remember if I get them mixed up.

quilting

No comments: