Sunday, July 17, 2011

Brocktopus turned 1!

It's hard to believe my baby boy is pretty much a toddler now. We had a huge bash on Saturday, and the dude partied hardy. Despite a house and yard packed to the brim with guests, Brock never panicked and had a blast playing. Here are some pictures:

Photobucket
Just before the party, me and Brock.

Photobucket
Nani and Grandpa brought balloons.

Photobucket
The spread. Doing cold foods (we also had deli sandwiches) really simplified things.

Photobucket
Babies loved chillin' at the pool. Brock is the one in the water.
Incidentally, the children LOVED croquet. They saw the set and dove right in. I thought they'd be like, "what the hell is that antiquated game that doesn't involve a screen?" Nope, not at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My grandma got to come! She's been pretty house-bound since breaking both hips and lives in a group home now.

Photobucket

Photobucket
He wore his birthday hat for about 10 seconds and a "1" onesie from Target.

Photobucket
Cake! My mom made some wonderful cupcakes and this cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket
You've gotta have milk with your chocolate cake. In case you're wondering, the best place to set your milk cup is directly in your cake. Repeatedly. Until you've thrown your cake on the ground. Then throw your cup on top of the cake like a little pill.

Photobucket
He put a strawberry on my white shorts at the beginning of the party. By this point, I also had chocolate cake on them.

Photobucket
That Clifford. He's a red dog, indeed.

Photobucket
Mark wore an outfit that matched mine just to embarrass me.

Photobucket
One of Brock's favorite presents was a kitty keyboard that does all kinds of cool things. One of my favorite features is that you can choose the sound the keys make, like banjo, bells, piano and MEOW! The keys meow when you play them. And there are a bunch of built in songs about cats, too. It's awesome.

Photobucket
All that partying requires a boy to kick back and relax with Dad.


2 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun first birthday party!! Crazy he's already one!! I can't remember if I ever commented on his invitations, but they were way cool. Party like a Brockstar...so clever! Happy belated b-day Brock!

Isabelle said...

Happy belated birthday to Brock! I've just come back from my holidays and discovered the post and little video : it's lovely !
I've been reading your blog for about a year as well and I have enjoyed every post. Thanks for sharing what we call 'les petits bonheurs' in France, they make life GREAT!